The secret to success in the IELTS Speaking test is to prepare well in advance — listen to English, practise with a native speaker, read lots of online tips or get my IELTS Speaking Tips package. However, many candidates would like to know what they should do on the day of the test. Here are my “last minute” IELTS speaking tips.
Last minute tips
- On the day of the test, think only in English! This will make you more confident when you enter the examination room.
- Before you leave your home, read my IELTS reminder sheet (included in the IELTS Speaking Masterclass) one more time.
- Try to have a good breakfast. Good nutrition and a good night’s sleep can help your performance. A morning run will help you relax even more.
- Don’t try to learn any new words! Now is not the time for learning.
- Leave early so that you arrive at the test centre at least a few minutes before your interview time. If you arrive late, you might get stressed and it will be more difficult to relax during the test.
- Smile, try to be positive and imagine a successful result in your mind.